What a rush it has been! Response has been overwhelmingly positive and we are so thankful for all of the support from our new recruits from the Steam Community! We’re already seeing lots of new players sharing the game which is AWESOME!
Check out this great vid from Wanderbots who was also one of our Art Contest winners during the Kickstarter!
Thanks, Wanderbots, for sharing!
Immediate Development Priorities
- Release online multiplayer feature
- Fix critical bugs
- Continue adding content
- Release early access builds for Mac
We’re hoping to achieve these within the next week or two.
We need your reviews!
Thank you for the 31 Reviews and 93% positive review rating!!!
Our goal is to get to 100 reviews by August 5th and we need your help!
If you’ve played some Hive Jump and enjoyed yourself, please leave us a positive review on Steam! The more reviews we have, the better our visibility on the Steam store, and the more buddies you’ll have to jump with when Online Multiplayer arrives!
New Content Incoming!
We don’t have a new build this week, but will have one out soon! Keep reading for a sneak peek of what’s to come!
- New Alien: Healing fliers bolster swarms and bosses!
- New Weapon: Extreme Ultraviolence Light
- New Relic Rooms: One new relic room layout per environment. Animated Loading Screen with Tips
- More UI issues fixed at different aspect ratios
- More buttons clickable with mouse on STORE UI
- Explosion improvements
- Application Framerate Locked at 30fps for players with 144hz monitors (was getting up to 72fps due to vsync settings)
- Hover Utility: Faster acceleration for more maneuverability
- Lots and lots of Online Multiplayer bug fixes.
Bug Fixes and Patch Notes!
We’ve already fixed a number of bugs reported by players, as is shown by the patch notes below. Thanks for your help!
Patch Notes: 0.041.1516 (Lots of Bug Fixes)
- Dying while paused will no longer cause player to lose control of their Jumper.
- Pause menu buttons are now clickable in loadout screen.
- Fixed some Jumper torso animations while jumping.
- Added a back button to the play sub-menu on the title screen.
- Added “Coming Soon” tags to various menu options.
- Added some more instructions to certain items that use other keys to activate (such as Remote Detonator).
- Fixed visibility issues with dialogue advancing prompts not appearing on certain resolutions.
- Adjusted certain loadout item tooltips for clarity. Fixed some NPC dialogue typos and item spawns.
- Fixed some instances of the Backpack appearing on the front of the Jumpers.
- Added some more keyboard and controller button functionality to menus.
- Fixed some issues involving going into doors at the same time your Jumper or Backpack would die.
- Fixed an issue that didn’t allow players to advance through the Mission Over screen if they got a game-over while paused.
- Fixed an issue involving deleting many profiles in a row. Adjusted Title Screen animations when logging in and out of profiles.
- Adjusting resolutions will no longer compound their effects on the previous resolution selected. (For best results, we recommend rebooting the game after choosing a new resolution)
- Ensured backpack is un-killable while users are exploring relic rooms.
- Adjusted some SFX volume levels (cluster bombs, hive threat, and more.)
- Adjusted various hazard hitboxes to favor the player more.
- Backpack warning beeping no longer persists into menus.
Keep playing the game and reporting bugs with the F1 bug reporter prompt! Thank you!
A Guide to Relics! | Awesome Community Spotlight!
Thanks to backer and jumper XSLICE, you can get a better understanding of what relics can be found in the hives. Check out the guide on steam and share an upvote with this amazing jumper!
Speaking of community: We’ve set up a Discord channel for those of you who enjoy that service. Here’s the invite link: https://discord.gg/5Ap55
If you are still without your Steam Key or Backer Bundle key please log in to Backer Kit and check your account first. If you are having trouble beyond that – please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you taken care of!
Where is MAC/Linux/Wii U?
We’re working on those game versions too – but they are not yet complete. We’ll share an updated road-map detailing when those versions will release very soon. You can redeem you key on steam, and as soon as these builds become available you can play! Thanks for bearing with us!